|Posted on March 17, 2022 at 2:30 AM|
There isn't one perfect workout...
but I have found the ideal combination for myself and my amazing clients!
We must focus on quality sleep, a well-balanced diet, and refraining from unhealthy behaviors like drinking and smoking.
My personal workout routine includes:
- daily long power walks out in nature (I aim for 3-5 miles per day, sometimes more, sometimes less)
- daily power yoga practice + restorative yoga
- barre 3-4x/week at home
- weight training for 8-12 reps with a challenging weight at least 2-3x/week
- lots of sleep, rest, and recovery!!! - epsom salt baths, foam rolling, theragun, ice compression, massage chair at home, sleep.
- contributes to your overall health and wellness
- helps you to maintain a healthy weight
- keeps your body strong
- builds endurance
- low impact - gentle on the spine and joints
- improved posture
- increased flexibility
- maintain your muscle mass as you age (as we age we lose muscle but this can be prevented!)
- improved balance